POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing realism again : Re: Testing realism again Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing realism again
From: Hugo
Date: 10 Apr 2002 10:19:57
Message: <3cb44a0d@news.povray.org>
> The pictures are not an exact match, but I think that you have achieved
> photo-realism with your render.

Thanks! That was my goal. Now I wonder if this setup can be reused, and I'm
thinking about what I have learned from this experiment.

There's something with the white tube-head: Reflections are stronger than
the photo, but if I reduce them, the sides of the tube-head becomes too dark
because they also light up due to reflections.. But I can't use a higher
ambient value because ambient = 0.. So it needs to catch more diffuse light
from radiosity.. But if I raise brightness of radiosity, the shadows will
brighten too, and that's not going to look like the photo.. So what's really
going on in reality here, I don't know..

Regards,
Hugo